Window 4: Missionary Saints

image of window

St. Columba and St. Aidan

In Memory of Lilian Preot Buxton 1868-1944 and John Edward Buxton 1865-1948
Given by their son and daughter, Julian T. Buxton and Blanche B. Mickle
Beside side altar on north wall, left

Bottom: St. Columba embarks for exile in Iona. This saint founded many churches and monasteries in Ireland and Scotland, the most famous on Iona.
Top: St. Aidan displays his interest in the education of children and emancipation of slaves. St. Aidan was sent to evangelize northern England and received the devoted help of Kings Oswald and Oswin.
Coat of arms at top of lancet is of York – two keys and a royal crown.