To the Glory of God and in loving memory of Clement Manly, Mar. 12,1853 – Nov. 26, 1928, and Emily Buford Manly, July 4,1859 – March 26,1938
Given by devoted friends.
South wall of nave
Six parts from bottom:
1. (Small circle) Daniel praying (Daniel 6:10) in defiance of the king.
2. “Daniel in the Lion’s Den” (Daniel 6:10-23). On the left, Daniel with the words he interpreted “Mene, mene, tekel upharsin” to the King which predicted the downfall of the kingdom (Daniel 5:5-30); on the right, King Belshazzar.
3. (Small circle) The fiery furnace (Daniel 3:3-30).
4. “Children in Fiery Furnace” (Daniel 3:3-30). Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the furnace with King Nebuchadnezzar observing. A Chaldean who accused the Jews is in the insert on the left; on the right is an angel, who accompanied the three in the furnace.
5. (Small circle) Stoking the furnace.
6. “Rebuilding of the Temple” by “Ezra” in “Jerusalem” (Ezra 3 – 6). At the top, a seven-branched candlestick. In the small circle is a worker in metals. Border inserts show the priests with their trumpets.